Camp in Shanghai
Camp in Beijing
   Camp Options
Full Camp
Day Camp
Family Camp
   Camp Essentials
Mandarin Course
Typical Day
Prices & Dates
Book Now !
   Getting Ready
Flight & Arrival
Off-campus Permission
Phones & Internet
Pocket Money
Clothes & Laundry
Health & Safety
   More Information
About Us
Photo Gallery
Group Tour
Contact Us
 Visa    Flight & Arrival   Transportation   Off-campus Permission 
 Phones & Internet   Pocket Money   Clothes & Laundry 
 Insurance   Health & Safety
China Summer Camp | Visa to China
All foreigners coming to China are required to hold a valid visa to enter the country (except nationals from France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand may stay in China with only a valid passport for a maximum of 15 days). The airport authorities do not issue visas and you have to apply for a visa in advance.

No specific visa type is required by the Chinese government to study Chinese at a language school or attend a summer camp. Students are suggested to apply for a tourist (L) visa. It is the easiest and least time-consuming option. Tourist visas are further divided into 30, 60, 90 day stay periods, single, and double entry. You can select the one based on your actual needs when applying.

Application Process for Tourist (L) Visa

To Apply for a tourist visa, you should go to the local Chinese embassy or consulate in your home country. You should have the following items and documentation with you when you make the application:

1. Passport (with at least 6 months of remaining validity and at least one blank visa page)
2. Completed Visa Application Form (can be obtained from the Chinese embassy or consulate. The form may also be downloaded from certain Chinese embassy websites, please check your home country site).
3. Two recent passport photos (2*2 square inch)
4. Visa application fee


1. A child of Chinese descent and born in a foreign country who applies for a Chinese visa for the first time is required to submit his or her Birth Certificate and foreign passport or foreign permanent resident permit (e.g. Green Card) of one of his or her parents.

2. Though rarely, sometimes extra supporting documents are needed such as an itinerary plan, accommodation arrangement, etc. The Chinese embassy changes policy from time to time without notice. Check your home country's website for accurate information and updates. It is necessary to consult and double-check before going.

3. Usually the validity of a Single Entry or Double Entry tourist visa is 90 days or 180 days from the date of issue. This means you need to enter China no later than 90 days or 180 days from the date of issue, otherwise, the visa will be expired and is null and void. Normally the duration of stay of an L visa issued to you is 30 days if you dont specify when you apply, this means you may stay in China for up to 30 days from the date of entry. If your program or your estimated stay in China is longer than 30 days, you need to make it clear to the Visa Officer when you submit your application so your entire duration can be covered. A tourist visa can also be extended once (maximum 30 days) once you are in China with an extra visa charge. Consult us if you are uncertain.

4. If you are unable to visit the embassy or consulate in person you may entrust someone else or use a visa service (your local travel agent or tour operator) to arrange your visa for you. Please be noticed that NO visa can be done by mail or any express delivery service such as UPS, FedEx and etc because The Chinese Embassy and Consulates only take authentication applications sent by mail, but not visa applications sent by mail.

 Visa    Flight & Arrival   Transportation   Off-campus Permission 
 Phones & Internet   Pocket Money   Clothes & Laundry 
 Insurance   Health & Safety
Contact Details
MandarinRocks (Shanghai)
Tel +86 21 62550715
Fax +86 21 62883988
E-mail: info@mandarinrocks.com
  Prices & Dates

Home | About MandarinRocks | Shanghai School | Beijing School | Mandarin Courses | Semester & Year | Private Tutoring | Housing
China Summer Camp | Study-Internship | Internship Placement | Corporate Training | Prices and Dates | Resources | FAQ | Contact Us

© MandarinRocks (Shanghai) All rights Reserved. ICP09016210-1